Sabado, Enero 7, 2012

A great joy is coming.

My family and friends and my husband Toto and the pregnancy fulfilled me with so much love.



Dear Pregnancy,
Wow, I can't believe it's been nine months already! Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday that I was tentatively running my hands over my lower belly, wondering how I was going to grow  baby is in there, unsure of what was to come. And now look at us!
I have to admit, when we first got together, I had my doubts about you. It wasn't your fault, but I'd been burned before and had my heart broken, and for a while there, I wasn't sure if I'd ever recover from it. But, you brought me back to life, you gave me my spirit back. I knew with you, early on, that this time, things were going to be different. And they were ...

Of course, from the beginning, you always kept me guessing. Like at the six month ultrasound, when the doctor told me, "There's the heartbeat ... oh." I remember asking, "A baby girl?!". "Yep," the doctor said. "Baby Girl ." So, yeah, that was kind of a shocker. I was stunned, but also thrilled, so relieved that there was one strong heartbeat, and then doubly blessed that she is healthy.
Oh, and thats a baby girl? What was that about? My husband Rik  started thinking of girls' names.  
We also just seem to fit together, don't you think? Overall, you've helped me feel so healthy and strong -- my skin was glowing, my hair was soft, I had plenty of energy. Granted, you inspired me to take better care of myself as well, so maybe that was part of it too. I mean the weekly seminar abour pregnant woman  every week, all of those fruits and vegetables, sacrificing my coffee and sweets foods -- yeah, that was all for you. (Okay, maybe I didn't always treat you as well as I should have. Even in the last couple of months, with all of my  rib pain and itchy skin, I still feel like you went pretty easy on me.
 Toto Ric: The best way to support your pregnant wife is by learning as much as you can ... 

Mainly though, just look at what you've done for me -- you grew  (hopefully) strong, healthy baby girl in this body of mine. And you kept them in there for 38 weeks. That's incredible! I never ever thought that we'd get this far, and I'm so beyond grateful at what you've been able to achieve for me, for my baby Banana. I don't mean to sound like a Disney movie, but you're amazing, you're a miracle. This experience of pregnancy has been such a gift already -- watching my body grow and change, feeling those flutters and kicks reminding me of the tiny lives inside, that point when I realized that they were already little beings all their own, and I was now just a vessel to keep you safe and strong. I'm so lucky that I was able to grow your lives in my body and, I promise you, not for one second did I take it for granted. Thank you, thank you, thank you for letting me have this.
Nene Joy: Because of your love i became pregnant
So, in just a few days, we're going to part ways, you and me. Of course, you're leaving me with a precious mementos of our time together, a gifts that were the result of a lot of love, a lot of patience, and a lot of banana pudding. (Oh, and I think you left me with a few stretch marks too, but I forgive you.) I should have gotten you something in return, but what do you get for that someone that's given you everything? I can tell you this -- I'm always going to cherish our time together and will miss you more than I can express, especially because I know we're not likely to cross paths again. I'm sure in the weeks to come, I'll find myself tentatively running my hands over my belly again, marveling at how it used to hold my baby is in there. Then, I'll probably strap on my tummy girdle, load up the diaper bag, and take my babies for a walk in a stroller, my pregnancy already starting to feel like a distant memory.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento